Points on the Flag: Week 11
Wait, Andrew Harris isn’t on this weeks Points on the Flag!? That and other firsts below.
11. Alexandre Chevrier, MLB, Saskatchewan Roughriders (Sherbrooke)
Stats: 4 Special Teams’ Tackles
Chevrier has turned into a key special teams contributor for the Riders. Four special teams’ tackles is truly an elite level performance for a kick cover man.
10. Devon Bailey, SB, Saskatchewan Roughriders (St. Francis Xavier)
Stats: 2 Receptions, 51 Yards
Bailey had a breakout performance for Saskatchewan, marked by a highlight reel grab in double coverage.
9. Lemar Durant, SB, Calgary Stampeders (Simon Fraser)
Stats: 2 Receptions, 64 Yards
Durant proved to be a true deep threat against the Bombers and torched the defence with his speed and elusiveness.
8. Alex Singleton, MLB, Calgary Stampeders (Montana State)
Stats: 5 Defensive Tackles, 1 Special Teams’ Tackle
Same old, same old for Singleton. He continues to be the beating heart of Calgary’s generational defence.
7. Cameron Judge, WLB, Saskatchewan Roughriders (UCLA)
Stats: 5 Defensive Tackles, 1 Sack
The Judge’s gavel fell hard on the BC Lions, with his career best performance and a absolutely vicious sack.
6. Jermaine Gabriel, S, Toronto Argonauts (Calgary Colts)
Stats: 7 Defensive Tackles
Gabriel fought valiantly against the Antonio Pipkin’s deep ball and racked up big tackle numbers in the process.
5. Chris Ackie, WLB, Montreal Alouettes (Wilfrid Laurier)
Stats: 8 Defensive Tackles
Ackie continues to rack up ridiculous tackle numbers as he uses his athleticism all over the field.
4. Henoc Muamba, MLB, Montreal Alouettes (St. Francis Xavier)
Stats: 6 Defensive Tackles
Muamba’s intelligent reading of the offence allowed him to break up plays early and often, a key to the Montreal victory.
3. Mike Edem, S, Saskatchewan Roughriders (Calgary)
Stats: 6 Defensive Tackles, 1 Fumble Recovery
It was Mike Edem’s best performance in a number of years, with a number of key tackles and a big fumble recovery on special teams.
2. Drew Wolitarsky, WR, Winnipeg Blue Bombers (Minnesota)
Stats: 8 Receptions, 90 Yards
It was an off week for Winnipeg’s offence and Wolitarsky stepped up admirably to try and fill the void with a number of big catches.
1. Mike Jones, WR, Hamilton Tiger-Cats (Southern)
Stats: 4 Receptions, 117 Yards, 1 Defensive Tackle
Although a big TD drop almost cost his team, other players bailed him out and it is hard to ignore his numbers and impact on the game.